This is the third and last book of Arc of a Scythe trilogy.
I listened to this playlist while reading https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0uFHTuT0jnAQ433sfZGjrT
From google books,
In the highly anticipated finale to the New York Times bestselling trilogy, dictators, prophets, and tensions rise. In a world that’s conquered death, will humanity finally be torn asunder by the immortal beings it created?
Citra and Rowan have disappeared. Endura is gone. It seems like nothing stands between Scythe Goddard and absolute dominion over the world scythedom. With the silence of the Thunderhead and the reverberations of the Great Resonance still shaking the earth to its core, the question remains: Is there anyone left who can stop him?
The answer lies in the Tone, the Toll, and the Thunder.
- The detail of world building is absolutely mesmerising
- The characters’ development (main and even supporting) are top notch
- This book is plot and character driven too, the writing here is truly beautiful
- Genius and mind blowing concept of science fiction and dystopian society
None ! This book is just amazing, I couldn’t tell you what I find lacking because this book, this trilogy is perfect. Thank you Neal Shusterman for this masterpiece.
A good book makes you cry and a great book makes you think. Arc of a Scythe trilogy by Neal Shusterman gives me bothMe myself, 2019
My own insight why it is 5 stars?
This is a story about what will happen if we mortal human have finally conquered death of natural cause ? We enter the age of immortality where advanced A.I., Thunderhead solved every problem regarding the things we can’t control like environmental issues. We have overcome fatal injuries and diseases with something called nanites in our body. But what of overloaded human population when we finally becoming immortal ? There comes the scythedom, an organization of human trained to be a scythe, bearing a huge responsibility to choose who will die next. Chaos erupted when the power to end one’s life is in the hand of imperfect beings, human, mortal or immortal, we are just the same.
- It is a genius concept, I still in awe how real it feels like
- The author is really good in describing each character POV and let the reader attached, perfect timing, perfect words, perfect ten!
- I learnt so many things throughout this trilogy, it is truly a worth it read and I am so glad I pick it up.